There are outbreaks of viral, fungal and protozoa diseases among platoons of army soldiers in Indonesia. Soldiers reported sick after 2 weeks of jungle warfare training. It is of concern to the ministry that there are also sporadic reports of avian flu in the nearby villages. In view of these outbreaks, you have been tasked to conduct a pre-mission briefing with blogs and poster to educate future batches of soldiers.
Environment in the tropical jungle:
1. High exposure to different kinds of virus, fungal and protozoa.
2. Dark and moist environment which allows growth of microorganisms.
3. High amounts of decay (leaf, dead plants and animals) which microorganisms can thrive in.
4. Indonesia is in tropical area. The environment is always warm and humid in its jungle.
5. Short supply of food and clean water.
6. poor hygiene conditions due to continuous training of the soldiers.
7. Source of food may come from jungle or nearby village. The food may be cook improperly to cause infection.Disease can be acquired from water, soil, animals, plants, and human to human interaction.